Follow Me

Monday 10 August 2015

Hola from Spain

Hola!

Arrived safely in Spain at about midnight on Saturday night. Typical that I would have a massive flare up of symptoms before we left for the airport, from my body temperature being too high, to the pain in my limbs and the IBS picked a great time to make a reappearance. Obviously this made me nervous for the flight which probably made me worse and the actual flight was one of the most painful experiences of my life, my back and legs were absolutely unbearable. The painkillers did not even touch it but I kept myself busy reading magazines and me and Adam spent time attempting the ‘expert’ sudoku’s. 

The flight was pretty turbulent and the seatbelt signs were on most of the flight so it’s not like I could even get up and have a stretch which might have soothed the pain a bit. I used to love flying but the older I get I am absolutely terrified during turbulence - Adam was an absolute angel and let me cling to him the whole time. My symptoms are much worse if I get stressed out so this is probably why it was so excruciating. But we made it! The flight was much quicker than they said and we got through the other end with no problems, picked up our little Fiat 500 and were on our way to the villa!

It wasn't far in the car and I’d started to feel a bit better after being back on solid ground, we arrived and the heat was HOT. Can’t complain! We set down the cases, quickly got changed, removed the dead lizard from the bedroom (obviously I didn’t) and set off to buy some bottled water, aka, to the pub. It seemed silly not to have our first holiday beer while we were there, and we were up til about 2/2:30 which is so unlike me! Considering I had been up since half 6 that morning, it was a proud moment. 

I can never sleep properly the first night of holiday, different bed, different heat and body clock a bit messed up so I wasn’t surprised when we woke up at about half 8, but up we got and set off for breakfast. It was a bit cloudy and tried to rain, but it’s lovely and hot and Adam is already resembling a lobster and I am sporting some stylish sunglasses tan lines. 

We had a lovely chilled day, exploring the pool area, beach, restaurants and just enjoying doing nothing in the sun. We have the laptop with us so we’ve had some rest time watching a film which is good - Adam actually needed more rest than me today!

Enjoying a beer with lunch.

We had a nap and headed out for dinner quite late, about half 9, then went for a cocktail before falling into a much needed sleep - for about an hour, then I spent the night tossing and turning in the heat again! Typical they’ve said these are the hottest nights for about 20 years…


Out for dinner.

I felt loads better yesterday and my symptoms are back to mild. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that I should move abroad and just be on holiday all year round. 


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment