Follow Me

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Just keep swimming!

Today has not been a great day! I felt pretty good when I woke up, wasn't in a lot of pain and actually felt like I'd had a good nights sleep for once. I can usually tell early on how I'm going to feel for the day but I wasn't prepared for how rubbish I feel now...

Firstly though, I am so grateful for the messages I am still getting from people who have seen my blog, mostly by my closest friends who offer their support but also from people I barely speak to and some I have never met! It's so lovely and really cheers me up on days like today.

Since I am not able to exercise much, a few weeks ago when I was feeling a bit better, I signed up to a leisure centre and started swimming. I've always enjoyed it and thought I would give it a try since it's much less strain on the joints etc. I then had to take two weeks off (one for not being well and another while I was at home), but I thought I would get back into it today since I woke up feeling pretty good.

BIG MISTAKE. I now am in a ridiculous amount of pain, feel sick, horrific headache and had a pretty long nap which did not help in the slightest. While I was actually swimming, I felt fairly ok, bit sore but that was to be expected. But while I was having a rest in the steam room (best part about the leisure centre!), my neck started to stiffen and I probably should have taken that as a sign that my body had had enough. I pushed through for another 15 minutes as I was determined to get my 40 lengths in but it seems now that I've massively overdone it.

I really want to carry on with it just as some form of exercise. I used to be so active, have always danced, then did cheerleading at uni and loved going for runs and to the gym. So it's hard not to be able to do these things and I also worry about putting on weight. So far I have been lucky and am still in my usual size 6-8's and can eat pretty much what I want, but I have noticed how much less toned I am, particularly my legs. It's horrible
 that there isn't all that much I can do about it, because even eating healthy isn't going to bring back the muscles I had. Most days I am still happy with my body, its just frustrating the days I'm not that I can't go for a run or something to make myself feel better.

Still keeping positive though and VERY excited for my holiday in 3 days!!


Here I am a few weeks ago feeling very proud of myself after my first swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment