Follow Me

Friday 7 August 2015

Adios amigos!

Today I've been spending the day getting my washing done and packing for holiday! We are off to Adam's family's Villa in Marbella and I'm so excited that it's finally here. The weather looks perfect and I've got a few books to just sit and do nothing (even though that's all I've done for two weeks but it's more exciting in a foreign country!)

I'm still nervous about walking around the airport as I'm still not great at walking any distance (especially pulling a suitcase!) but hopefully the excitement will keep me going. Being cramped in those tiny seats is a bit concerning as well, last time I went on a plane I was a bit healthier than I am now but we will see! I'm sure I'll be very stiff afterwards but hopefully no worse pain-wise.

Luckily I've been feeling loads better the last couple of days, only needing one lot of painkillers to see me through the day and have been keeping up with the swimming. The last two days I did 65 lengths, then 64 which is the most I've done since getting ill so obviously I was VERY happy with myself :) I even went for a little walk to Tesco earlier, it's only about 4 minutes away but every little helps! On the days when the pain isn't stopping me walking, it's my inability to control my body temperature. 4 minute walk and I was hot, sweating and so dizzy I needed to sit straight back down. I seem to be much better when walking inside? Which is weird and I don't understand it, but fills me with a bit of hope that I'll be okay in the airport.

I can't wait to finally get some sun, our summer this year was cut a bit short after our week-long heatwave. Also it will help boost my low vitamin D levels even more. I'm making sure I'm fully prepared for any symptom that might flare up while I'm away but I am hoping the rest and relaxation will keep the pain levels at bay and I won't need the strong painkillers. I can't drink on them and I want a holiday beer!

Fingers crossed I can really enjoy myself. I'm trying not to think too much about not feeling well as this stresses me out and makes me feel worse! I know I'll be fine in the day as we won't really be doing anything but I want to enjoy the evenings too, going for nice dinners and having some drinks.

We have our tickets printed, money exchanged and cases packed (nearly) so we are good to go!

Adios! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment