Follow Me

Saturday 12 December 2015

Christmas is coming!

Evening all! I can't believe how long its been since I blogged. I've been so busy with work and everything and it just slipped my mind.

Things have been good! As good as they can be. I'm still absolutely loving my job, couldn't be happier with how that's going. We are finally almost there with buying furniture for our flat so it's really coming together AND we are one week away from the Christmas holidays.

I can't describe how much I love my job and the people there. Everyday I go in smiling and come out looking forward to the next day. Yes I moan about being tired as everyone else does but I wouldn't change it for the world. This week has been lovely, getting ready for our nativity which the children are performing on Tuesday and Thursday which will be adorable!! We are slowly decorating the classroom and this week I'm going to get the children to make lots of little Christmassy things they can take home.

Since I last blogged, I've had my birthday! 24 years old, sounds absolutely crazy since I still feel about 18. It was a lovely lovely day, I had a lie in, cleaned the flat up a bit, had a nap and waited for Adam to get home from work. If you'd told me a couple of years ago that I'd be spending most of my birthday alone I probably would've cried, but I felt so unwell that it did me good to have some down time and rest so that I could enjoy my evening. We went for a couple of cocktails and a meal before having an early night, I felt horrific but it was a lovely evening and I really enjoyed it. It felt really good to be dressed up in a sparkly dress and I curled my hair. I felt vile on the inside but pretty good on the outside for once.

Me and my birthday cake 

All dressed up for the first time in months!


Healthwise, my pain has been no better, I've got tramadol for my really bad days and I have had to take them a few times now. The first time I took them was awful, I felt completely spaced out and I was really worried. It helped loads with the unbearable pain though so when that crept up on me again, I bit the bullet and took them and it didn't affect me so negatively the second time, or the third or fourth. Since getting my glasses, I'd say my headaches have got slightly better. I still get them but no where near as severe. My arms are still playing up a lot and my legs are weak so I'm using the wheelchair for shopping and things where I need to be on my feet. I'm not sure if I've posted on here since I got my wheelchair, it's helped me loads and makes going out at weekends much less stressful. It has opened some doors that have been closed for the last few months so it's made me a lot happier. I'm still waiting on the results from my MRI scan I had 3 weeks ago. The scan made me feel very unwell as the noise was ridiculous and I'm quite sensitive to noise. Also just not being used to staying in one position was quite stressful on my body. I had a full body assessment a couple of days before where it was found that I have scoliosis - curve in the spine. This has been caused by the way I walk because of the pain I'm in so makes it even more necessary that I use my wheelchair until I can start the physio and things to help.


I have some great plans for the holidays, spending Christmas at Adam's mums, Boxing Day and New Year at my mum's in Essex - though we are actually going to London for the fireworks on NewYear's!! It's perfect as I can take my wheelchair and be involved in the celebrations.

Tonight is the Alumi LCR at uni and a lot of my friends are in Norwich for it. Obviously I can't go which is disappointing as so many people will be there. I saw 3 of my lovely friends who popped round to see me which was great so I don't feel quite as much like I'm missing out. It would be nice to have the option to go but I don't so I won't dwell on it. Me and Adam popped out and bought some party food from M&S and a couple of beers so we are going to have our own mini party to make up for it.

Lastly, a huge thing that has made me ridiculously happy... we got 2 baby hamsters!!!! They were my birthday present from Adam and they are cutest, loveliest little things in the world. I love coming home from work and playing with them and Adam has really taken to them as well!
The beautiful girls Willow and Grace 

I'm going to try not to leave it so long from now on, but thanks for reading!!
Have a lovely weekend everyone xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment