Follow Me

Saturday 14 November 2015

When your legs don't work like they used to before...

Evening all!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend so far, I am!

I can't wait for the day I write on this blog how much better I'm feeling and am making progress as at the moment each week I blog, it seems to be a constant decline.

My legs have been even worse this week, getting weaker constantly and hurting more and more. I was terrified for this MRI scan I have to have but now I can't wait. It's on Thursday, plus I finally have the full body examination on Tuesday that I was supposed to have last week. I just want these over and done with now and can actually get some answers and move forward. I spoke to work and they have been amazing. So supportive and happy for me to have the time off. I had to get myself a chair in morning briefing the other day and people were lovely about it. I was worried about people talking about me - silly I know because people really do care and want to know if i'm okay - but it's natural for people to ask each other, rather than come up to me. I've been trying to not care what people think and what people might say, especially as now I've had to be using a wheelchair to go food shopping. I never thought I would be pushed round a supermarket at the age of 23 but oh well, these things happen and I'm sure I won't need it for long. It's not the comfiest chair and actually makes my legs stiffer when I finally stand up again, but the pain is better and I don't feel sick, hot and like I'm going to pass out/throw up at any second so it's much better for me.

Here I am on the weekly trip to Tesco.

Last night Adam and I went to Nando's which was lovely. I don't usually do anything on a Friday night but forced myself to go as I was starving and really fancied it. I felt like death and my legs forgot how to walk on the way out and I had to cling onto Adam and have rests along the way back to the car, but it was so nice to be out. I've had a REALLY busy day today! I went into town for my hair cut this morning and then got my eyebrows done, nice little pamper morning which had made me feel a lot better about myself when I'm feeling rubbish. Then I came home, cleaned the flat (apart from the bathroom, Adam can do that for the first time since we've moved in!) then Adam came home from work and we had a little rest together before heading out to TK Maxx. I treated myself to some new clothes for work and I was telling him my 'struggling' scale on the way round. By the time I got to a 7, we gave up and went to Tesco's where I could sit in my little wheelchair. It takes the panic away that I will feel awful and means I can actually relax and enjoy the shop - as much as you can with food shopping... 

After my busy day, as you can imagine, I am not feeling good. My pain is fairly high, I'm exhausted and I feel like I might be going down with something again, my throat is a little sore and my chest feels tight. Tomorrow I plan on sleeping until the afternoon, and then have some planning and marking to do which I can do from the comfort of my bed or the sofa. I may pop to a friend's for lunch depending on how I'm feeling but that'll be a decision to be made tomorrow. 

As I said before, work have been fab and so supportive. The head asked me if I would be happy to speak to an Occupational Therapist about getting some extra help around the school to make things a little it easier for me. This was so lovely of him to think of this and I'll update my blog when I have more information about this. 

Lastly, on a slightly gross note, I have a weird lump on my hand/wrist which is a bit worrying. I have no idea what it is; some people have suggested maybe cartilage? Has anyone reading this ever had anything similar? I'll ask my doctor on Tuesday as it's getting a bit painful now and very uncomfortable. It's not very clear in the picture and is only visible when I bend my wrist down. I would love to hear if anyone has anything similar. 

The lump on my wrist - any ideas?

Anyways, I'm going to have dinner now and then go to bed - wild Saturday night as always.

Night night, hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment